SHOW US YOUR SUMMER STYLE PINTEREST CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. SHOW US YOUR SUMMER STYLE PINTEREST CONTEST: How to Enter: Beginning June 14, 2013 at 12:01 AM (ET) through June 28, 2013, at 11:59 PM (ET) go to https://www.harpersbazaar.com/sweepstakes/summerstyle and submit a Pinterest board entitled My Summer Style, containing at least 10 pins, including at least 6 pins from harpersbazaar.com (excluding advertiser images), at least 3 pins from Covergirl.com (excluding advertiser images) and 1 re-pin of the official contest pin from the BAZAAR Summer Style Pinterest Board (excluding advertiser images). You must be a member of Pinterest.com to enter, and you must be following Harper's BAZAAR's Pinterest page, http://www.pinterest.com/harpersbazaar and the Covergirl Pinterest page, http://pinterest.com/covergirlxo/. If you do not have a Pinterest account, you can sign up for one here: http://pinterest.com/landing. Winner Selection: All entries, consisting of your entire board, will be judged by a panel of two Harper's BAZAAR editors based on the following criteria: originality (25%); creativity (25%); adherence to the rules (25%); and a general sense of the "Summer Style" theme (25%). In the event of a tie, the person among the tied entrants with the highest score in originality will be the winner. By participating in the Contest, entrant certifies that his/her entry is original, has not been previously published or won any award, and does not contain any material that would violate or infringe upon the rights of any third party, including copyrights, trademarks or rights or privacy or publicity. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and unfettered discretion to disqualify any entry that it believes contains obscene, offensive or inappropriate content, that does not comply with these official rules or that is not consistent with the spirit or theme of the contest. The decision of the Sponsor and judges is final and binding on all matters relating to the Contest. In the event the Sponsor receives insufficient entries, the Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the contest. In the event Canadians are eligible to enter as specified in these Official Rules, and if there is a Canadian Winner, the Winner will be required to correctly answer a mathematical skill testing question as a condition of receiving the prize. Prizes and Approximate Retail Values: One (1) winner will receive $1,000 to be used towards a purchase on shopbazaar.com and an assortment of Covergirl products (valued at $250). ARV of total prize package: $1,250. Potential winners will be notified by Pinterest comment on or about July 15, 2013 and must respond via email address, providing contact information within 48 hours from notification or an alternate potential winner will be selected. Except as specifically provided above, in the event the Winner doesn't respond to Sponsor's notification or does not accept the prize within five (5) business days of notification, the prize will be deemed forfeited and an alternate Winner will be selected. In the event Sponsor attempts to award the Prize to ten (10) entrants and all ten entrants either fail to respond as stated above, decline the prize, and/or fail to provide a signed Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, and where legally permissible, a Publicity Release, as specified in these Official Rules, then Sponsor, in its sole discretion, shall have the right to terminate the Contest. Winner's List: For winner's name, send a separate self-addressed, stamped envelope to Harper's BAZAAR Show Us Your Summer Style Pinterest Contest, 300 W. 57th St., 25th Floor, New York, NY 10019 by September 28, 2013. Incomplete entry forms or entry forms that have been tampered with will be disqualified.
2. ENTRIES: Limit one (1) entry per person for the SHOW US YOUR SUMMER STYLE PINTEREST CONTEST (referred to as the "'Promotion"'). Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified. Entries using macro, robotic, script, or other forms of automatic entry will be disqualified. Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. Proof of submission does not constitute proof of receipt. If there is a dispute as to the identity of entrant, the prize will be awarded to the authorized account holder of the e-mail address. The "'authorized account holder"' is defined as the natural person to whom the e-mail address is assigned by an Internet service provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
3. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia, and Canada ages 18 years or older at time of entry. Void in Puerto Rico, Quebec Province and where prohibited by law. Employees of Sponsor, its parents, affiliates, and subsidiaries, participating advertising and promotion agencies, the independent judging organization, and prize suppliers (and members of their immediate family and/or those living in the same of household of each such employee) are not eligible.
4. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: Entrants must have a valid e-mail address, and it is entrant's responsibility to update Sponsor of any change in e-mail address. Expenses not specifically included in prize description and all taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner. Each prize is awarded "as is" with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied, outside of manufacturer's limited warranty. No transfer, assignment, or substitution of a prize permitted, except Sponsor reserves the right to substitute for prize an item of equal or greater value in the event an advertised prize is unavailable. The Winner is required to comply with any and all applicable federal, state, provincial, if Canadians are eligible to enter, and local laws, rules and regulations. All federal, state and local taxes, and any other costs not specifically provided for in these Official Rules are solely the Winner's responsibility. If the actual retail value of any Winner's prize is $600 or more, the Winner must complete a W9 form and supply Sponsor with his/her social security number for tax purposes. An IRS Form 1099 will be issued in the name of the Winner (or, if a minor, in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian) for the actual value of the prizes received. Sponsor shall have no responsibility or obligation to the Winner or potential Winner who are unable or unavailable to accept or utilize Prizes as described herein. All federal, state, provincial, and local laws and regulations apply. Entrants agree to be bound by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this Promotion. Winners may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, and, where legally permissible, a Publicity Release within 7 days following the date of first attempted notification. Failure to comply with this deadline may result in forfeiture of the prize and selection of an alternate winner. Return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Winner hereby further agrees that he/she will sign any documents necessary to transfer copyright of the entry to Sponsor within 7 days following the date of first attempted notification. By entering, Entrant grants permission for Sponsor, and any of its affiliates and subsidiaries, participating advertising and promotion agencies, the independent judging organization and prize suppliers to use the entrant's submission (including an altered form of the entry) for editorial, advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. If images are being submitted to Sponsor as a requirement for entry, Entrants agree that they have all rights to use the images submitted and to allow Sponsor, any of its affiliates and subsidiaries, participating advertising and promotion agencies, the independent judging organization and prize suppliers to reuse any of the images, without any liability, for editorial, advertising and promotional purposes. Additionally, acceptance of the prize by Winner constitutes permission for Sponsor and any affiliates and subsidiaries, participating advertising and promotion agencies, the independent judging organization and prize suppliers to use Winner's name and/or likeness and biographical material for editorial, advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. By accepting prize, Winner agrees to hold Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representative agents, successors, assigns, officers, directors, and employees harmless for any injury or damage caused or claimed to be caused by participation in the Sweepstakes or acceptance or use of the prize. Sponsor is not responsible for any printing, typographical, mechanical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Sweepstakes or in the announcement of the prize.
5. INTERNET: Sponsor is not responsible for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware, or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsor or presenter on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Website or any combination thereof. If for any reason the Internet portion of the program is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Promotion, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right to select winners from eligible entries received as of the termination date. Sponsor further reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in a Promotion if it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices or intending to abuse, threaten, or harass other entrants. Caution: Any attempt by a participant to deliberately damage any Website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such participant to the fullest extent of the law.
6. DISPUTES/CHOICE OF LAW: Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by state or federal courts situated in New York, NY; (2) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys' fees; (3) no punitive, incidental, special, consequential, or other damages, including without limitation lost profits may be awarded (collectively, "Special Damages"); and (4) entrant hereby waives all rights to claim Special Damages and all rights to have such damages multiplied or increased. New York State law, without reference to New York's choice of law rules, governs the Promotion and all aspects related thereto.
7. SPONSOR: The Sponsor of this Promotion is Hearst Communications, Inc., 300 West 57th Street, New York, NY 10019.